Thank you for choosing to submit to sweet-thang!
If you are a Black womxn creative, please send your work to email@example.com along with the following:
- Your full name (first/last) – or however you would like to be credited
- Preferred pronouns
- A social media handle (optional)
- A short bio about yourself and your work
Please note: To push the selling point of our zine, we only seek to publish work that has not been published elsewhere (in magazines or other creative platforms for example).
We are currently looking for regular online contributors for both visual and written pieces, who will be expected to submit work to Sweet-thang at least twice a month. If you are interested in becoming a regular online contributor, please send 5-10 samples of your work, as well as a pitch idea for a piece to submit, along with your name, etc. to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line: “Regular contributor”
ISSUE 5: NOSTALGIA
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 1ST OF JUNE!! Follow the submission guidelines below, and keep up to date on instagram @sweetthangzine!
FOR WRITTEN PIECES:
- Please make sure that you submit your pieces via google docs, or a word document that can be edited. Do not send as a PDF as this is difficult to edit, and do not paste your work into an email!
- All written pieces should be sent with an image to go with it.
- Word count for print issues: 300 – 800 words (There is no word limit for online submissions, we accept longform!)
- Please note that ALL written pieces go through at least one round of edits – we want to produce the best work possible and collaboration between the contributors and editors is essential.
- Please make sure that all photographs, illustrations, etc are in general formats such as jpeg and png. Formats such as PDF are not accepted.
- For print issues, please do not send more than 10 images in a series.
PLEASE NOTE: All work should be original and give full credit to any artists used in your pieces.